There’s so much to love about the holidays…festive home décor & holiday scents from nature are at the top of our list!
Eucalyptus DIY wreaths and garland just in time for the holidays. This intoxicating herbal scent is not just for the spa...Eucalyptus oil has aromatherapeutic benefits like anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and soothes cuts and insect bites.
Here are some pointers on how to create a natural wreath to deck the halls (or front door) & fill your home with peace & joy. Fresh eucalyptus can often be purchased at grocery stores and florists.
- About 10 bunches of fresh eucalyptus-seeded or silver dollar
- Jute string or floral wire
- Scissors or wire cutters
- Metal wreath frame (we used a 36-inch frame)
- Start by creating small bundles of greenery. If using different kinds of eucalyptus, take a stem or two of each different kind and gather them into a bouquet of about 6 or 8 stems. Secure the base of the bundle with string or floral wire.
Once you have about 10 bundles, began tying the bundles to the wreath form one at a time. The trick is to make the bundles thick enough so that you can’t see the wreath form or string/wire underneath. Attach your first bundle, then lay your next bundle slightly over top that first one in such a way as to hide the greenery stems and wire. Continue moving around the form, overlapping the bundles until you’ve covered the form completely. Then go back and fill in any bald spots if needed.
- To hang, attach a ribbon from the top or simply secure the metal wreath form to a hook. That’s it! Just make sure when you store it, you keep it on top of your storage bin so it doesn’t get crushed.
You can also spruce up your home with our collection of holiday inspired essentials oils. Diffuse them to bring comfort & joy all season long. Make your own holiday mist with 9/10 parts distilled water & essential oil in a mist bottle to refresh the room, freshen linens, spritz the tree and holiday trimmings.
CAMPO’s HOLIDAY INSPIRED ESSENTIAL OILS